By what standards is the greatest breakfast egg sandwich made? Well by personal taste and ease of preparation of course and this takes 10-15 minutes to make.
I live by the egg sandwich in the morning, usually after a workout or getting ready for the day. It has plenty of nourishment for techin’ or venturing to keep you going and ward off hunger pains that come around lunch time.
I’ve made egg sandwiches all kinds of ways, but when I stumbled my way through this delicious creation I had to share. Here’s how I’ve mastered it.
Let’s start with the ingredients.
- Two Large Eggs
- Deli Cheese
- Red Onion
- Mixed Baby Greens
- Olive Oil
- Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- Sliced Garlic
- Pour a quarter size amount of olive oil into a pan on low medium heat. Crack in the two eggs adding the black pepper and Creole Seasoning over them.
- Add the sliced red onions and garlic off to the side in the pan so that it caramelizes.
- Don’t forget to flip your eggs.
- Toast two slices of bread and place on a plate when it’s done.
- Slice up some avocado, tomato and grab some baby greens to prepare for the toppings.
- Next, take a slice of my favorite American Deli 2% Milk Cheese. Flip over the eggs one last time and lay the cheese over the egg while still in the pan to melt.
- Take out the eggs and lay them over the toast, adding the tomato, onions, garlic baby greens and avocado.
Then serve. For a little spice add Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce.
Let me know how yours comes out.